Updated as of May 24, 2018
2. What kinds of information may we collect from you? We may collect several different kinds of information from or about you in connection with your use of certain Services we offer such as:
If you choose to sign up for a Service, we may ask you to provide certain information such as your username, password, email address, date of birth, gender, address, and country. If you connect to our Service using credentials from a Third Party Application (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use), you authorize us to collect your information from such Third Party Application, including your username and password. You may also choose to voluntarily add other information, such as your mobile phone number and mobile service provider.
Information About Payments.
If you use our Service for purchases or financial transactions, we will collect information in connection with such purchase or financial transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
You have the ability to post comments and information in community networking features available on or accessible through the Service, such as our blog and our social networking pages. You should be aware that any information you submit in the course of these community activities can be read, collected, or used by other users of these parts of the Services. We are not responsible for the information you provide (or its use) in any of the community networking features available on or through the Service. Information You Choose to Provide to rBeatz.
rBeatz offers certain Services from time to time, which may give you the ability to provide a variety of information during your interactions with us and the rBeatz Service, such as emails, polls or surveys you choose to participate in, ads you respond to, and emails or newsletters that you sign up to receive. rBeatz and third parties acting on our behalf receive data from you whenever you provide us with any of this type of information.
When you use the Service, we reserve the right to keep track of your listening activity, which may include the number and title of songs you have listened to, length of listening time, and the songs that you like (thumb up) or dislike (thumb down).
If you choose to participate in certain features offered through the Service, you may provide with, and we may collect, your contact information, including your name, mailing address and phone number (“Contact Information”). The email address you provided as part of your Registration Data is not considered Contact Information.
Usage, Log Data, Cookies and other Technical and Device Information.
When you use or interact with a Service, rBeatz may use a variety of technologies in order to collect non-identifying personal information with respect to how the Service is accessed and used by you. Such information includes the capturing of (i) information about your type of subscription (if any) and your interactions with the Service, such as songs, playlists, other audiovisual content, rBeatz users, Third Party Applications, and advertising, products, and services which may be offered, linked to, or made available on or through the Service; (ii) User Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) you post to the Service, including messages you send and/or receive via the Service; (iii) technical information, which may include URL information, IP address, cookie data using session cookies (expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (remains on hard drive for an extended period of time), browser type, internet service provider, date/time stamps, MAC address, file requested, and other usage information and statistics; (iv) information related to your use of a Service through a computer, mobile phone, tablet or other electronic device, including device type, unique device ID (such as Android Advertising ID, VIN, MAC address and IDFA), device attributes, network and device performance, browser type, information enabling digital rights management, operating system version and type, rBeatz application version, carrier, and other related information for that device.
Third Party Personal Information.
From time to time, rBeatz may offer certain features on the Service that, should you choose to use them, will require you to provide personal information about others. If you choose to provide third party personal information in connection with such features, we may store and use the information for purposes of providing those features. We may also use third party personal information for related purposes, such as to prevent fraud.
Additional Information for Additional Features.
From time to time, rBeatz may offer additional features, which will rely on the use of additional information from you to enhance your rBeatz experience but are not required to use the Service. We will not receive any of the following information unless you expressly choose to share it with us: (i) your specific location, which may enable us to provide recommendations about locally popular music, (ii) your photos and camera, (iii) your contacts, and (iv) your microphone. We will ask for your permission before first accessing it, will describe how we will use it if you give us permission, will only use the information for the purpose we described, and you will always have the ability to change your mind and revoke such permission.
Information from Third Party Applications.
We may receive or collect information about you from third parties, including (i) Third Party Applications, (ii) service partners that provide or make available advertising, features and functionality, (iii) advertising partners that collect and maintain information on customers, (iv) marketing companies and data providers that create, maintain, and distribute professional marketing lists, or maintain and distribute other marketing or similar data, (v) governmental or quasi or pseudo governmental agencies or organizations that provide or make available to the public, census and demographic data, (vi) third party social media websites, applications, or services to interact through the Service to provide personalized services to you, and (vii) people who store or post information about you on the community features of the Services, and combine and store it on our servers with other information we may have already received or collected, which we may use to personalize your rBeatz experience, to measure ad quality and responses to ads, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you.
3. How we use information we receive or collect? Consistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect including your personal information, for a variety of reasons, such as to:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your account on the Service;
- Provide, personalize and improve your experience with the Service, and advertising made available on or outside the Service;
- Ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and measure and analyze your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service;
- Fulfill requests for certain products and services;
- Communicate with you for Service related or research purposes, including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages you agree to receive;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us; Enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service;
- Process your payment, and prevent or detect fraud;
- Invite you to participate in events or special promotions related to artists or products we think you may like or in which you may be interested;
- Provide you with features, information, advertising, or other content, which is influenced by your location and your location in relation to other rBeatz users.
Email Address. We do not sell or give your email address to other companies for their own marketing purposes without your permission. However, we may use your email address or other Registration Data to provide you with technical support, send you notices about a Service or other promotional offers you have elected to receive, and to serve you with ads that are more relevant to your interests. We may also work with data partners and advertising platforms to help increase the relevancy of ads we provide to our listeners. In doing so, we may use information representing an encrypted or hashed value derived from information we have received, such as your email address, in connection with these partners and platforms.
Contact Information. We do not sell or give your Contact Information to companies for their own marketing purposes without your permission. We do use Contact Information, however, to contact you and to provide you with special offers and other information.
4. How we share information we receive or collect with others? rBeatz may share information we receive or collect in a variety of ways, such as:
When you give rBeatz permission through an affirmative election (i.e. by clicking “yes” in response to a message such as “share my email with this advertiser”);
When you participate in community and social networking features on the rBeatz Service, such as forums, blogs, user opinions and reviews, or other forms of communication and interaction, which are on a public forum; Sharing information about the artists, tracks, and stations you have created (if offered via the Service) or listened to via the Service, or that are associated with your account;
Using your public information to promote the Service;
If we contract or partner with third parties to provide specialized services on our behalf, such as credit card processors, customer support, ad servers or other providers of advertising services, bulk email processors who send out emails on our behalf, or otherwise. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to rBeatz. They are not authorized to use your personal information for their own unrelated purposes;
If you elect to take advantage of certain features or services provided jointly by rBeatz and third parties, we may automatically share certain information about you with those third parties for account authentication and management, and to enable the Service on their platforms.
Sharing of Usage, Log Data, Cookies and other Technical and Device Information. rBeatz may share Usage, Log Data, Cookies and other Technical and Device Information we collect from you use to access the Service with its third-party vendors or service providers, manufacturing or distribution partners, or advertising partners. We share this information for a variety of purposes such as mobile listening capping, advertising frequency capping, tracking advertising conversion events, estimating the number of unique users, security and fraud detection, debugging problems with the rBeatz Service, and for providing you with more relevant advertisements.
Sharing of Non-Personally Identifiable Data or Aggregated Data. rBeatz may share with third parties, advertisers, and/or business partners non-personally identifiable or aggregated data we receive or collect, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Service, or information about the stations, tracks, and artists you listen to, thumb-up, thumb-down, or bookmark. We share such information for a variety of reasons, such as to analyze Service usage, improve the rBeatz Service and your listener experience, improve the serving of advertisements, or for other similar purposes. The use and disclosure of such anonymized, non-personally identifiable, or aggregated information is not subject to any restrictions under this policy.
Information You Disclose in a Public Profile or in Public Forums. The rBeatz Service may offer publicly accessible and available profile pages, community forums (such as artist, song, or advertiser pages), blogs, and pages on social media platforms. You should be aware that any information you provide or post in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Any information you place in your user profile (if offered), including biographical information, the people you are following, and the people whom you allow to follow you, may be read, collected and used by others who access them. Other Sharing. In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to academic researchers for purposes including statistical analysis and academic study, but only in a de-identified format;
- to publish de-identified or aggregate information about the use of the rBeatz Service; and
5. Notice to California Residents. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, you may request certain information regarding any disclosure of personal information that may have been made by rBeatz to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such request, contact us at: rBeatz – Customer Support c/o 1300 Baxter Street Suite 100B, Charlotte, NC 28204, or by email at email@example.com. The request should specify that you seek your “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. rBeatz is required to respond to only one (1) request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above addresses.
6. Notice to EU Residents. Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), data subjects in the European Union will be asked to provide clear and unequivocal consent for the collection, processing and transfer of personal information. You can find out more about rights you may have under the GDPR here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rulesbusiness- and-organisations_en. If you do not want us to collect, process, or transfer your personal information in our system please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Content from Other Websites; Links to Other Websites. We may display advertisements from third parties and other content and links to third party websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of rBeatz. We cannot control or be held responsible for third party privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information. Some of our third party partners may utilize framing techniques to serve content to and from webpages accessible through our Service while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that if a third-party partner utilizes framing techniques, you are providing your personal information to this third party partner and not to rBeatz.
8. Security. We are committed to protecting our user’s information. Any password you create using the Service should be unique to you, a strong password, limit access to your computer, device and browser, and log out after having used the rBeatz Service. No security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
9. Children. rBeatz prohibits registration by, and does not knowingly collection personal information from, anyone under 13 years of age. In the event we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information from children under the age of 13, we will take measures to remove such information from our servers. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.